Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Africa Needs God...

Hello. I found this on another blog a few months back, I think, and I am often telling people to have a read, as it is quite an interesting and encouraging read. I'm not yet such an effective blogger to be able to discuss it here for you all, but here it is for your own reading, and comments below to discuss...

December 27, 2008
As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God
Missionaries, not aid money, are the solution to Africa's biggest problem - the crushing passivity of the people's mindset

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article5400568.ece

2 comments:

  1. I read this one last week! Very interesting. I saved the link just in case i have an excuse to reference it in an essay some day. :P

    I agree in that I think aid/development is fundamentally flawed outside of a context of spiritual transformation. It'll never be truly succesful when it's not empowered by the holy spirit. Do you concur?
    (ste)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur, and intend my dissertation to conclude similarly! Our hearts need to change...

    ReplyDelete